Two London Shows…..

 

Two London Shows! Tickets going . . . 


Photo by John Routledge.

Hello friends!

This is just a quick letter to let you know that I will be playing two shows in London in October and tickets for one of these shows are VERY limited because of the size of the venue. Word-of-mouth at the record shop means that there are already 29 tickets sold of a total of 35 tickets available.

So, the details are:

Jeni Hankins in Concert: Songs, Stories & a Sewing Machine 

At Revolution Records in Penge, 1 Central Parade, SE20 7TN (next to Sainsbury’s)

Saturday, October 1, Doors 7, Concert 7:30, Tickets £14 each. Bar available.

Space is limited. So, get your tickets in person at Revolution Records (say hi to Conrad from me) OR you can buy tickets through me via Paypal or BACS. Just send me an email and we will work it out. jeniannhankins@gmail.com.

The folks at Revolution Records are just plain GREAT! I went in there just after they opened months ago and somehow I ended up flatfoot dancing in the store . . . you know me . . . and then I found a record on which banjo-maker Dave Stacey played back in the 1980s. I got to telling them how I have a Dave Stacey banjo which I bought in an auction up in Lancashire. Then, we started talking about instruments and I mentioned that I played the sewing machine. Well, that was it! We decided there ought be a concert at the record shop!

As I said, they are selling tickets fast at the shop even though the concert is several months away, so get in touch with me if you’d like to come. There is no way to buy tickets online, just in person in the shop or from me (PayPal or BACS).

AND there’s another exciting show the following weekend. 

Jeni Hankins at TWICKFOLK with VERY SPECIAL support by Biscuits ‘n Gravy.

Sunday, October 9.

The Cabbage Patch Pub, 67 London Road, Twickenham, TW1 3SZ

Doors, 7:45. Concert 8pmTickets £11 on the door, £9 + .90p fee online.

I am RIDICULOUSLY excited about this concert! Biscuits n’ Gravy shared the evening with me when I last played TWICKFOLK and our music went together like a dream, like we really were back home at Mawmaw’s sitting in the old cabin and playing the music that grew up in the mountains! NOT TO BE MISSED.

That’s all for now! There’s talk of a show in Carnforth on Saturday, October 29th. If that sounds like something that would interest you, do let me know and we’ll get a sense of whether we can put together a good audience for that night.

Also, if you’d like to host a concert in the UK in the autumn, let me know. I am available from September 22nd onward, first in the south (until mid-Oct), then in the north . . . Back in the south in mid-November. Dates and locations are free-flowing at the moment. So, let’s talk if you’re keen!

And an apology to my fans in the USA. I am coming to the USA this summer, but between my teaching, research, and family commitments, I could not plan a tour. After a three year wait to return home, I will focus on time with my family and on honouring my teaching commitments, so that leaves me with no time to organise concerts. I will return to touring in the USA, but not until 2023. I look forward to seeing you all then!

It’s tough out there in so many ways right now. Take heart. Be your good self. Let people know you love them.

LOVE,

Jeni

Comments

Popular Posts