Last Concerts of 2021, online show, radio shows!

 

View this email in your browser

JENI HANKINS

BORN-IN-THE-BONE TWANG

TWO MORE SHOWS...
AND ONE TO WATCH NOW.


I have two more concerts to come. Just two more because I was cautious in planning events . . . not knowing whether folks would be comfortable gathering and whether I would be comfortable in a group. OH, YES, I have LOVED playing in public spaces for other humans. I planned a little tour and I'm glad that I've had the chance to remember what my body and spirit felt like suspended in the act of singing for people, for you.

These final two shows of 2021 are in England, but there is a way to watch my recent show in Margate from wherever you are, so for that show skip to the pink box below. And you can hear my music on several radio shows which I speak about in the blue box below.

Your presence at these concerts in Southport and York will make my heart soar and I will do my utmost to transform these places into Mawmaw's kitchen in Southwest Virginia. 


Wednesday, November 3, 2021

 

THE ATKINSON, FOR GRATEFUL FRED'S AMERICANA MUSIC NIGHT


Doors 7.00, Performance 7.30-10.00ish.
Lord Street, Southport, Liverpool PR8 1DB
Tickets: £13 Advance/£15 Door
 

Saturday, November 6, 2021

Jeni Hankins in concert
King Courgette to open

 

Acomb Methodist Church
Doors 7.00, Performance 7.30-10.00ish.
Front Street, Acomb, York YO24 3BX

We will take up a collection during the concert to defray the cost of hiring the hall and to provide the musicians a wage. £10-15 per person suggested donation.
Hot Drinks and Cake!
Please note we are not licensed for alcoholic beverages and the church does not allow alcohol on the premises, so this will be a "dry" show. Cakes will be great though!

For further information feel free to contact me at jeniannhankins@gmail.com, but no reservations necessary. Just do come. Yes, come along! If you are coming, I would be tickled if you could let me know. It will help us know how many cakes to bake . . . .
 


On October 14th, I played a concert for Rosslyn Court where they had an extraordinary multiple camera set-up and fantastic sound recording. This performance is archived on YouTube.

If you'd like to make a donation for watching this show rather than following the link on the banner across the bottom, please send a PayPal donation directly to me at jeniannhankins@gmail.com or go to my bandcamp shop and buy a digital or physical album like my brand new one – I Fell Into the Fire – or a selection of songs which total the amount you'd like to donate. This will help so that the venue doesn't have to keep track of donations made for concerts that happened weeks or months ago.

Here is the Set List from that night. You could recreate this set in album form by purchasing the tracks individually on bandcamp. Click on each song title for the link.

Miner's Reward
Tazewell Beauty Queen
Goodnight, Tazewell Beauty Queen

Milk and Butter
Seventeen of My Own
I Fell Into the Fire
Chicken Ridge
 
Another recent performer for Rosslyn Court, Germa Adan. I loved her music so much that I bought one of her records. Listen to her music and buy an album by clicking this box.
My friend Sarah McQuaid is on tour in Britain right now playing songs from her lush new record The St Buryan Sessions. So many superlatives could be used to describe Sarah's musicianship, singing, and songwriting. She is truly an astounding creator. She also happens to be a kind and generous champion of folks like herself and me who live on the road in a very workmanlike fashion without the glamour of personal chefs and home-sized tour buses. She's super cool! Photo by Martin Stansbury from Cacophony Cottage.
Lately, I've been lucky to have my music played on several radio shows! These are all great shows in their own right and worth a listen. They are good company and that's what I love in a radio show. They can all be heard online as archived shows on mixcloud.

Liz Pearson of Chalk Horse Music presents a monthly radio show which is part music and part talks with folks along the south coast of England. Mostly Folk.

Harry Welburn often features my music on his Steel & Wire show from Sheffield. This past week he played a track about Baby Charley who was struck by lightning twice and survived from my new album.

Sarah McQuaid talks about her new album with Tony Haynes on FAB Folk and Blues and she's also chosen the set list which includes songs by her troubadour friends and folk with whom she's collaborated. I am crazy about this song, Ogres, by poet Lawrence Illsley on which she sings harmony. 
I send you LOVE. Thank you for reading my letters and please send a message to say hello if you have time. 
Twitter
Facebook
Website
Email
YouTube
Instagram
Copyright © 2021 Jeni Hankins, All rights reserved. 
You are receiving this email because you opted in via our website. 

Our mailing address is: 
Jeni Hankins
500 Westover Dr
#13373
SanfordNorth Carolina  27330

Add us to your address book


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

Comments

Popular Posts