Fall Mini-tour Continues

 

Jeni Hankins – Appalachian Folk Music
Just a quick note to say that I hope you all are keeping as well as you can.

I've just played my first two musical events after 540 days of no public performances. What excitement!



Thanks to all of the folks who said hello and came to my sets at the Maverick Festival and special thanks to Des Fisher of "Near The Coast" who listed "the intimacy and flatfoot dancing of Virginian Jeni Hankins" as one of his festival highlights! 

Jeni's feet in cowboy boots


In the coming weeks, I have planned a very limited number of concerts. I've not booked full tours because of the unpredictable nature of health, safety, and travel for so many of you and myself.

It's been good good good to do what I feel called to do in life – to tell stories, sing, and create an Appalachian home atmosphere wherever I might be. And at the Maverick Festival in Suffolk, England, my friend Alfred John Hickling and I even presented our children's show for the first time!

Jeni and Alfred with stuffed animals and DJ Stephen Foster.

I miss performing and I look forward to when I can return to my troubadour life full time. In the meantime, I have been lucky to write and record many many songs in the last eighteen months. I'll be writing with more news about these songs soon, but I wanted to let you know about the upcoming concerts!


I'm playing three more concerts in England in the coming months in Filey (Evron Centre, Filey Americana Festival, Sat, Oct 2), Margate (Rosslyn Court, Thurs, Oct 14), and Southport (Grateful Fred's Americana Night, The Atkinson, Wed, Nov 3).

I can't say when I will be able to safely tour in the USA again. I do have an assistant teaching opportunity in late July/early August 2022 (in visual art) in North Carolina. If that work goes ahead, I intend to fashion a tour around that time in the Eastern and Southern USA.

As I said, part of the reason I've been out of touch is that I've been working like a bee to finish up several recording projects which I've been making over the last two years. I look forward to sharing those with you soon in my shop! If you can make it to any of my upcoming shows, I do have advance copies of these albums available.

Please be safe, look after yourselves and those you love.

With all good wishes and kindness from me,

Jeni



P.S. Meet Alfred John Hickling. Alfred and I met back in 2010 when Jeni & Billy and his family band, King Courgette, ended up on the same bill in Alfred's hometown, York, England. Over the years, Jeni & Billy shared many shows with King Courgette. Alfred collaborated with Billy and me on the song "Guaranteed to Sail" which was inspired by a toy boat in the home which he shares with his wife, textile artist Sarah JacksonSarah and Alfred are the folks behind the famous Yorktour. Over the pandemic touring hiatus, Alfred and I have written about 70 songs! And we've had a few chances, when restrictions allowed, to create an Americana and a children's show. Alfred will be joining me for my three upcoming shows this fall. This photo is from our Sunday morning set for Maverick Festival where the mixing board blew up, so we gave an unplugged show in the beautiful barn which suited us down to our boots. Note Stanley Bear on chair in the bottom lefthand corner. . . . 
Stanley the Bear supervises as The Englishman, Alfred, and I strike camp at the Maverick Festival. Stanley read for the part of Hippo in The Wondarium Children's Show, but was typecast as Mr. Bear. He often talks with his friend Hugh Grant about these casting dilemmas. 
www.jenihankins.com
Facebook
Instagram
Website
Twitter
Copyright © 2021 Jeni Hankins, All rights reserved. 


Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

Comments

Popular Posts